The WSO helps initiate safety organizations, gives incentives and support to others, and encourages advanced organizations in highly developed countries to share their expertise and wealth of knowledge with those needing this data.
The WSO conducts conferences, symposiums, and international congresses. The resulting findings, recommendations, and resolutions are for worldwide implementation as needed.
The WSO promotes safety / accident prevention professions and related fields. It strives for continuous professional development of and increased benefits for all practitioners in these fields.
The WSO strives to coordinate functions, activities, operations, and related works with other international bodies and organizations.
The WSO supports activities of other national and international professional organizations in their attempts to protect people, property, resources, and the environment.
- The WSO publishes WSO News-Letters and WSO Journals.
- The WSO publishes the “WSO Consultants Directory” as a service to its Certified Members and to the professional community. Only WSO Certified Members may be listed.
- The WSO collects data on the professional skills, expertise and experience of its members in the WSO Expertise Bank for reference when a request is received for professional expertise, skill, experience.
- The WSO provides a network program linking various areas of professional expertise needed in today’s international community.
- The WSO develops training programs essential to national and international safety and establishes centers to support these programs.
- The WSO Awards program is implemented annually at the WSO International Professional Conferences, Symposiums, or Congresses.
- The WSO provides recognition for safety publications, films, videos and other training and media materials.
- The WSO receives proposals from professional safety groups/societies for review and if applicable, submits them to the United Nations for adoption.
- The WSO establishes and supports divisions and committees to assist members in maintaining and updating their professional qualifications and expertise.
- The WSO Chapters are located throughout the U.S.A. and around the world, to provide contact with the local communities, educational and industrial entities.
- The WSO organizes and provides professional support for international and national groups of experts on all continents who are available to provide expertise and immediate help in times of emergencies.